As it has been pointed out by my fellow classmate, Franky, I am the "Resident Woodsman" of our crew. I have been nicknamed such because I am not afraid to get down and dirty and handle all the critters we catch. I have grown up and still live right next to a swamp. I spent many of my days as a child catching frogs and turtles near my house, so I suppose one could say I have experience. The most important thing to remember when handling a frog or a turtle is that you are in charge and that unless you throw it on the ground or squeeze it ridiculously hard it is going to be fine. Confidence is key in critter wrangling, as it is in life. When there is a frog on the ground the first thing you should do is cover its eyes with one hand a hold its head, pressing down a little to keep it in place. Immediately after move you hand to get a firm grasp around the body so that it cannot move, but not too tight so that it slips out of your hand or get hurt.
 |
| Grabbing the Legs |
As quickly as you can get a grip on the legs by wrapping your thumb and pointer finger around the waist of the frog and then using the rest of you fingers to stretch out and grasp the legs firmly. Get a good grip, you aren't going to hurt them. This may take a few tries, they are tricky creatures. Once you have one caught, try petting its stomach with your finger, it calms most frogs down relatively well. Good luck wranglers!!
 |
| A Tamed Beast, Named Toro |
No comments:
Post a Comment